Young Adult Happenings
Adults of all ages crave significance in life. FSBCS adults gather in Bible Study groups at 9:15 on Sunday mornings (and alternate times); check out the Beverage Ministry table (including donuts!) and the Welcome Center table at the Worship Center entrance.
1. Joe Battock (email@example.com; 480.718.5320), along with Russ and Liz Matney (firstname.lastname@example.org; 480.567.2923) lead our Young Adults Bible Study group on Sundays at 9:15 a.m., as well as plan occasional gatherings for community-building and serving others. The group consists of college age and twenty-something adults, whether pursuing higher education or building careers.
2. Kevin and Jocelyn Horton (email@example.com; 480.990.9270) host “The Landing,” a home Bible study, meal, and fellowship for all college students and young adults at their home almost every Friday night. Contact them for details or updates!
3. Nick Jusczcak leads a week night Bible Study for married or single twenty-somethings at his home; the group also schedules many ministry projects in the church family and the community. Contact Nick (firstname.lastname@example.org; 520.235.5386) for more info!
4. Dan and Ann Seiden (email@example.com; 602.410.9118) lead a Bible Study group for Younger Marrieds (no children or infant children) on Sunday mornings at 9:15. Joel and Stephanie Henderson (firstname.lastname@example.org; 602.570.9415), along with Jared and Natalie Black (NatalieMBlack@GMail.com; 615.613.7882), are catalysts for this ministry and can answer all your questions!
5. Keith and Kathy Matney (KeithMatney@qwest.net; 602.482.8014), along with Don and Michelle Mitchell (email@example.com; 480.329.5649), lead the Married Young Adults (preschoolers and elementary schoolers) each Sunday morning at 9:15, as well as plan cook-outs and other gatherings.
Discipleship happens through Adult Choir Rehearsal and “Theology in Overalls” (led by Pastor Norwood) on Wednesday evenings or “In the Round” on Sundays at 4:30 p.m., and numerous ministry opportunities add to the list of ways young adults can find spiritual meaning in life and help expand Christ’s Kingdom.
“On Mission” living for young adults can include any of almost fifty “on campus,” “beyond the walls,” and “in partnership” ministries that impact the lives of others for all eternity. In the past several years, the church as assisted some of our college students, singles, and young marrieds as they experienced international mission trips to Uganda, China, India, Japan, South Africa, Egypt, and other countries.